As businesses grow, so do IT requirements.
Infinitum IT System Management solutions - such as service desk management, single sign-on authentication and patch management - can help keep systems up and running while maximizing employees' productivity. They can also help your IT team efficiently roll out new software solutions, or upgrade existing ones. In a nutshell, effective system management solutions assist organizations using information technology to develop proactive guidance and support.
Furthermore, IT System Management solutions safeguard companies against downtime and threats, whether caused by system malfunctions, human error and natural/man-made disasters. Should any of these events occur, they can result in financial loss, brand damage, legal liabilities and other unwanted consequences.
Many small businesses fail to perform regular data back-ups and even if they do, tools and procedures can fail due to malfunctioning hardware and storage media, corrupted data, or inconsistent backup procedures. Whatever the reason, costs to replace the data and restore employee productivity can be enormous. Businesses also face stiff penalties if they can’t store, retrieve, monitor and transmit data in accordance with regulatory requirements.
IT System Management is an umbrella term that refers to the centralized management of a company’s information technology assets and it's one that encompasses many different tasks required to monitor and manage IT systems and resolve IT problems. Systems management solutions can help small business owners address many requirements including (but not limited to) the following:
- Monitoring and management of network, server, storage, printers and client devices including notification of impending or actual failures, capacity issues and other systems and network events
- Hardware asset inventory and configuration management, including firmware, operating systems and related license management
- Application software usage and management
- Software asset inventory, versioning and patching, and license management
- Security management, including anti-virus and malware management tools, including virus definition updates
- Automated backup and restore of data in a central repository
- Service desk problem management, which provides an automated process to generate and track trouble tickets and resolve problems